Benefits of Membership
Members are the key focus of the SDT and we aim to support their professional development by providing knowledge transfer and networking opportunities through relevant events and other learning opportunities to ensure they are at the forefront of our continually changing industry.
Members also benefit from:
- Reduced delegate rates for attending the Society's symposia and events
- Electronic access to the International Journal of Dairy Technology including all back copies
- Access to our electronic publications including "The Handbook of Dairy Technology" Cutting cheese with wires by Ian McDonald and A History of Whey Protein Concentrate Development by Julian Price
- 35% discount on virtually all print books available from our publishing partner, Wiley.To learn more and start saving visit the members only section of the Society webpage.
- Regular member Newsletters
- Access to the membership directory
- Access to a wide range of resources include technical resources and careers in Dairy Science and Technology
- Mintel have created a discount code for SDT members. This applies to their Dairy Drinks, Milk and Cream, Cheese and Ice Cream Report. The code can be found on the members page of this website.
“I joined our society so I could meet like-minded professionals who share the same passion and interest in dairy technology as I. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience that members are eager to share and it’s fantastic to be in a thriving and growing organisation.”
“I have found being a member of our society personally rewarding as it is has provided me with professional recognition of my achievements within the dairy industry. Combined with this, membership provides an invaluable opportunity for continuous professional development.”
Membership Costs and Payment Methods
Membership of the Society is open to anyone who either works at production, processing or marketing levels in the dairy industry, or is engaged in dairy/food education and/or research, or is a supplier of inputs or services to the dairy industry, or works in environmental health, retailing, consultancy or an appropriate local or national Government department.
If you work in any of these, or related, areas, then membership of the SDT should be most beneficial to you in pursuing your particular career - especially as a key source of specialist information in Dairy Science & Technology.
To apply for membership, simply complete the online application form and pay by credit card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by BACS or cheque complete the online application form, log out when payment is requested and pay via your bank (SORT CODE: 30-97-81 ACCOUNT: 00085391) or send a cheque to the address below. However, if you wish to pay by Direct Debit please complete the Direct Debit Instruction Form, and post to the Society. Only original copies are accepted by banks so it is imperative that this is posted to the Society at Elmete Lodge, 1 Anvil Close, Tibberton, Shropshire, TF10 8PT. Please contact the office for further information if required on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will be acknowledged, indicating that it will be submitted for ratification at the next Council meeting of the Society. These are held quarterly in February, May, August and November of each year. Subsequently, you will be notified of your election, together with details of your nearest Regional area.
Support of your membership application by two existing members is required by the Society's Constitution and Rules. However, Council has the power to nominate for election at any general meeting applicants unable to comply with this requirement. Hence, an application should still be submitted, even if the applicant does not personally know any Society members at the time of application.
|Full Membership||Annual Payment of £60|
|Retired Membership||Annual payment of £30|
|Full Life Membership||One-off payment of £520|
|Retired Life Membership||One-off payment of £150|
|Student Membership||Annual payment of £18|
|Full (Discount Reviewer)*||Annual payment of £25|
* Academic Researcher who has previously published in the International Journal of Dairy Technology