The dairy industry supports a wide range of careers, including engineers, technical, quality assurance, processing, production, support services and so on. Associated companies often have vacancies, which may appear on this page. If you are interested in a career in the dairy industry it may be possible to participate in Project Eden, which trains employees for a Foundation Degree in Science (FdSc) Dairy Technology. Further information on Project Eden can be found by clicking HERE. This link takes you to the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink's information page.
Companies wishing to advertise vacancies on this page should email for our very reasonable rates.
Dairy Processing Technician
Heckfield Place,.(www.heckfieldplace.com) a Georgian family home now lovingly restored to a five-star hotel and surrounded by 438 acres of secluded Hampshire countryside, is looking for a dairy production manager and cheesemaker to join its team.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the production of high-quality dairy products, under the guidance and inspiration of chef Skye Gyngell, the culinary director of Heckfield Place. This will include butter, fresh cheese, cream and yoghurt. One day we hope to develop a hand-crafted cheese suited to our milk and environment.
Heckfield Park Farm is within the original 340-acre Home Farm, a mixed arable and livestock farm, which is in year 3 of biodynamic conversion. Suffolk sheep, saddleback pigs graze the land and flocks of chicken’s supply eggs for the kitchen, Our herd of Guernsey cows arrived in late 2019 along with a purpose built dairy to produce our own organic milk,
There is also a five acre organic Market Garden that supplies the hotels two restaurants with beautiful, truly seasonal produce.
We are trying to create something very special in these lovely grounds and we would be pleased to hear from you. Whilst we have much work to do, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone to be involved in a progressive and creative farm to table project, which is still in its infancy.
Although we are looking for an experienced dairy technician, we would be happy to hear from anyone who might be willing to learn and has a passion for artisanal dairy produce.
- Production of a range of dairy products including but not limited to whole and semi-skim milk, cream, butter and yogurt
- Maintaining the hygienic standards of the production environment and general housekeeping working area
- CIP / Format Change / Product Change
- Adhering to wastage targets
- Using all equipment or substances in accordance with training or instruction
- Liaising with visitors in the visitor experience area
Ideal candidate will:
- Have technical processing plant / machine knowledge
- Possess a dairy process experience (desirable)
- The knowledge of quality standards and effect of incident on quality
- Be results orientated with attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under own initiative
- Be resilient in the face of technical issues
- Have a good mechanical aptitude
- Have a relevant food manufacturing qualification (desirable)
- Have a L2 Food Safety qualification
We are looking for a positive person, who is very service focused, proactive and process orientated.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, passionate person who is willing to learn and be developed; in return you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work within an environment of warmth, trust and integrity.
Only applicants who can legally live and work in the UK should apply. Please send applications to: Hr@heckfieldestates.com