The dairy industry supports a wide range of careers, including engineers, technical, quality assurance, processing, production, support services and so on. Associated companies often have vacancies, which may appear on this page.
Companies wishing to advertise vacancies on this page should email firstname.lastname@example.org for our very reasonable rates.
Employer: Suncream Dairies
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Salary: £38,000 per annum
Closing date: 25 Dec 2021
Contract Type: Permanent
Suncream Dairies, a family-owned ice-cream manufacturing business located in Staffordshire is looking for a Quality Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the food safety, quality and legality of all products including the application and implementation of all relevant food safety and quality systems, ensuring that the site standards are constantly maintained.
Reporting directly to the MD, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ownership of the HACCP, VACCP and TACCP teams and manuals
- Development of the site technical team, delivering regular quality meetings
- Ensuring that all products manufactured are within specification and meet customer requirements, driving compliance and continuous improvement
- Ensuring all site standards meet the current BRC Global Standard and customer technical requirements
- Auditing all process records for compliance and reporting on performance
- Ensuring that CCP’s are being controlled and monitored to the agreed standards
- Agreeing achievable quality standards with the customer and ensuring they are maintained on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring site hygiene standards are met and hygiene audits carried out
- Supporting the stock controller in ensuring the technical integrity of the procurement process
- Monitoring and auditing the effectiveness of corrective procedures relating to customer complaints
- Advising, co-ordinating and preparing for third party audits and BRC certification
- Completing all customer compliance system requirements
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Factory based Quality Management experience in a Chilled Food Manufacturer
- Experience mentoring and training Quality and Production Teams in all aspects of technical standards
- Experience, knowledge and a track record of managing teams
- A high level of flexibility and the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- BRC and Major Retailer audit experience
- Strong communication skills, liaising with internal and external contacts
- HACCP, TACCP and VACCP systems knowledge
- Experience advising on quality issues, raising non-conformances, completing Root Cause Analysis, and implementing corrective actions
- Family run Ice-cream manufacturer with a rich heritage
- Supplying retail, wholesale and foodservice sectors
- Operate across the UK and globally
- Purpose built BRC rated factory
The salary for this site-based role is £38k per annum and working hours are Monday to Friday within office hours, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
If this role is of interest, then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4593 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability by following this link to Jarvis Johnson.
For further information regarding the position please contact Paul Winfield on email@example.com
Shift Product Technician - Muller, Minsterley, Shropshire
Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands, and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Product Technicians at our Minterley site to ensure product sampling and swabbing plans are completed in a timely manner and that they are representative of all production runs. As a Product Technician, you will ensure the customer requirements are met as stipulated in work schedules, Quality Manager Plan and Specifications.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Sample collection, logging and despatch to 3rd party laboratory in accordance with the Quality Management Plan, plus ad hoc samples as requested.
- To ensure the sampling are is maintained to the required standards of hygiene and housekeeping and all associated equipment calibrated and maintained in good working order.
- Ensure weekly environmental swabs carried out according to schedule and post hygiene swabs are prepared for factory.
- Trial swabs are prepared and carried out prior to production.
- Carry out necessary checks (environment and equipment) to ensure that all targets (micro, chemical, physical, temperatures etc) are being met – including use of ATP equipment and provide reports.
- Support Taste Panel process (including TAYGo) fully, ensuring full attendance, carry out trend analysis and ensure corrective actions fully closed out or escalated.
- To support the Quality team in raising GMP / Hygiene standards in production areas & ensuring compliance to the relevant GMP / Hygiene standards / policies and best practice through internal auditing process.
- All other duties required to deliver an effective Technical Service to the business.
- Take reasonable care for the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Desired Key skills & experience:
- Level 2 food hygiene.
- Introduction to HACCP.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to deal with people at all levels, internally and externally, with the credibility to make a significant impact within the business.
- Open-minded approach to flexible/shift working.
- Attention to detail and a tenacious approach to resolving issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office FMS & WMS.
- Knowledge of SAP, FMS & WMS desirable.
- Knowledge of ALS portal "Webtrieve" desirable.
- Basic working knowledge of HACCP.
To apply please click this link.
Industry Sales Manager for the Dairy Sector - Foss, Northern Ireland
A job opportunity has arisen for an Industry Sales Manager for the Dairy Sector, based in Northern Ireland, with FOSS, a world leading provider of analytical solutions to the Food/Agri industry and recent contributor to our Autumn Symposium . For more information about the job role please follow this link.